Apple iMac "Core i5" 3.5 27-Inch (Retina 5K, 2014) - MF886LL/A
Late 2014 - MF886LL/A - iMac15,1 - A1419 - 2806
The iMac "Core i5" 3.5 27-Inch Aluminum (Late 2014/Retina 5K) features a 22 nm "Haswell" Quad Core 3.5 GHz Intel "Core i5" (4690) processor with four independent processor cores on a single chip, a 6 MB shared level 3 cache, 8 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-12800) installed in pairs (two 4 GB modules), a 1 TB "Fusion Drive" (1 TB hard drive and 128 GB SSD), and a AMD Radeon R9 M290X graphics processor with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory. It also has a built-in "FaceTime HD" webcam and stereo speakers, but lacks an optical drive.
This model has a 27" 5120x2880 LED-backlit 16:9 widescreen IPS display that Apple has dubbed "Retina 5K". The rear of the case is aluminum and is thicker in the middle and tapers to a razor thin 5 mm at the edges.
Connectivity includes four USB 3.0 ports, dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n backwards compatible), and Bluetooth 4.0.
Compared to the Late 2013 models introduced previously, this model essentially has the same external enclosure, but it has a much higher resolution display as well as a modestly faster processor, a higher performance graphics processor, a "Fusion Drive" by default, and Thunderbolt 2 support.
The "Late 2014" iMac models include a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and the choice of either a multi-touch "Magic Mouse," a multi-touch "Magic Trackpad," or a traditional wired Apple mouse.
Also see: What are all the differences between the "Late 2014/Retina 5K" Aluminum iMac models? What are all the differences between these models and the 27-Inch "Late 2013" iMac models?
- Intro Date: October 16, 2014
- Standard Hard Drive: 1 TB (Fusion)
- Int. HD Interface: Serial ATA (6 Gb/s)/PCIe*
- Standard RAM: 8 GB
- Maximum RAM: 32 GB
- Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz
- Processor Type: Core i5 (I5-4690)
- System Bus Speed: 5 GT/s (DMI2)*
- RAM Type: PC3-12800 DDR3
- Min. RAM Speed: 1600 MHz
- Video Card: Radeon R9 M290X
- VRAM Type: GDDR5
- Standard VRAM: 2 GB
- Native Resolution: 5120x2880
- Built-in Display: 27" 16:9 Widescreen
- 2nd Display Support: Dual/Mirroring
- 2nd Max. Resolution: 3840x2160
- Standard Optical: None
- Standard Modem: None
- Standard Ethernet: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Standard AirPort: 802.11ac*
- Standard Bluetooth: 4.0
- USB Ports: 4 (3.0)
- Firewire Ports: None
- Expansion Slots: SDXC SD Card
- Apple Order No: MF886LL/A
- Model ID: iMac15,1
- Battery Type: N/A
- Battery Life: N/A
- Dimensions: 20.3 x 25.6 x 8
- Avg. Weight: 21 lbs. (9.54 kg)